This Personal Data Protection Policy Statement sets out how RiverLife Community Services Limited (RCS) uses and protects any personal information that you have consented to provide in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore 2012. This document contains information about how and why we collect, use and disclose your personal data and the assurance that it will only be used in accordance with this Policy Statement.
2. PURPOSE OF COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE
2.1 Your personal data may be collected in several ways, including but not limited to the following:
• When you submit an application form or other application forms relating to participation in the RCS’s activities.
• When you fill in a visitor’s form when visiting our centre or attending any activities or events organised by RCS,
• When you make enquiries with RCS, whether in the form of emails or telephone calls or any other forms of communication.
• When you submit your personal data to RCS for employment purpose or to offer your services as a volunteer.
2.2 The personal data that is collected may include but not limited to some or all of the following information:
• Individual’s name,
• Date of birth, gender and marital status,
• NRIC No / Fin. No /Passport No,
• Photographs, video images (including captured on CCTV),
• Mobile, residential or office telephone numbers,
• Signature and thumbprint,
• Residential and company address,
• Financial information such as bank accounts.
2.3 RCS generally uses or discloses your personal data for the following purposes:
• Conducting and organising RCS activities which includes courses, activities and events,
• RCS administration and managing relationship with volunteers and members,
• Internal and external communication and publications,
• Delivering information regarding news, publications and events,
• Internal record keeping.
2.4 While RCS will take reasonable steps to protect your personal data against unauthorised disclosure, subject to the provisions of any applicable law, relevant portions of the collected data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above to the following:
• RCS staff and volunteers,
• Agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide services to the Church such as website maintenance, courier services, membership data maintenance vendor and other operational services relating to RCS events such as camps and retreats,
• RCS professional advisers such as auditors and lawyers,
• Relevant government regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules and regulations imposed by any governmental authority,
• Any other party to whom you authorise RCS to disclose your personal data to.
3.1 By submitting your personal data to RCS, you agree and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by RCS for some or all of the purposes mentioned herein.
3.2 If you provide us with personal information relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents or relatives), you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their personal data for the respective purposes.
3.3 You may at any time withdraw any consent given in respect of the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data by giving prior notice in the form of a formal written request addressed to the Data Protection Officer.
3.4 In the event you withdraw your consent to RCS for the processing of your personal data for the purposes mentioned above, RCS shall cease to process your personal data within 21 working days upon receiving your withdrawal request. Please note that once consent is withdrawn, your request for any of the above purposes may be cancelled, and hence RCS may not be able to fulfill the list of services to you.
4. ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
4.1 If you wish to know about your personal data in RCS possession or control, or how the data has been used or to whom it may have been disclosed, you may write in to the RCS Data Protection Officer.
4.2 If you wish to correct any personal data in RCS possession or control, you may write in by filling in a Correction Request Form (available at your request) and return the completed form to RCS Data Protection Officer.
5. ACCURACY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
5.1 You should ensure that all personal data submitted to us is complete and accurate. Failure to do so may result in our inability to provide you with information or services you have requested.
5.2 RCS shall make a reasonable effort to ensure that personal data collected by or on behalf of RCS is accurate.
6. DATA INTERMEDIARY TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
Relevant portions of your personal data may be kept by us or a third party (data intermediary) and they may be kept in Singapore or overseas (for purposes like programmes, camps retreats or overseas trips ).
7. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
All personal data in RCS possession or control are kept confidential and are protected by appropriate security arrangements and measures.
8. DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Should you have a complaint or require more information, please contact RCS at:
Data Protection Officer
RiverLife Community Services Limited
Blk 102 Rivervale Walk #01-54 Singapore 792471
Tel: 6312 5963.