RIVERLIFE COMMUNITY SERVICES
PERSONAL Data Protection Policy
This Personal Data Protection Policy Statement sets out how Riverlife Community Services uses and protects any personal information that you have consented to provide in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore 2012. This document contains information about how and why we collect, use and disclose your personal data and the assurance that it will only be used in accordance with this Policy Statement.
- PURPOSE OF COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE
2.1 Your personal data may be collected in several ways, including but not limited to the following:
- When you submit a membership application form or other application forms relating to participation in the Centre’s activities,
- When you fill in a form when visiting our Centre or attending any activities or events organised by the Centre
- When you make enquiries with the Centre, whether in the form of emails or telephone calls or any other forms of communication.
- When you submit your personal data to the Centre for employment purpose or to offer your services as a volunteer.
2.2 The personal data that is collected may include but not limited to some or all of the following information:
- Individual’s name,
- Date of birth, gender and marital status,
- NRIC No / Fin. No /Passport No,
- Photographs, video images (including captured on CCTV),
- Mobile, residential or office telephone numbers,
- Signature and thumbprint,
- Residential and company address,
- Financial information such as bank accounts.
2.3 The Centre generally uses or discloses your personal data for the following purposes:
- Conducting and organising Centre activities which includes services, courses, activities and events
- Centre administration and managing relationship with members,
- Internal and external communication and publications,
- Delivering information regarding news, publications and events,
- Internal record keeping.
2.4 While the Centre will take reasonable steps to protect your personal data against unauthorised disclosure, subject to the provisions of any applicable law, relevant portions of the collected data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above to the following:
- Centre staff and volunteers,
- Agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide services to the Centre such as website maintenance, courier services, membership data maintenance vendor and other operational services relating to Centre events such as centre drop ins, camps, programmes and retreats
- The Centre professional advisers such as auditors and lawyers,
- Relevant government regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules and regulations imposed by any governmental authority,
- Any other party to whom you authorise the Centre to disclose your personal data to.
3.1 By submitting your personal data to the Centre, you agree and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by the Centre for some or all of the purposes mentioned herein.
3.2 If you provide us with personal information relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents or relatives), you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their personal data for the respective purposes.
3.3 You may at any time withdraw any consent given in respect of the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data by giving prior notice in the form of a formal written request addressed to RiverLife Community Services.
3.4 In the event you withdraw your consent to the Centre for the processing of your personal data for the purposes mentioned above, the Centre shall cease to process your personal data within 21 working days upon receiving your withdrawal request. Please note that once consent is withdrawn, your request for any of the above purposes may be cancelled, and hence the Centre may not be able to fulfil the list of services to you.
- ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
4.1 If you wish to know about your personal data in the Centre possession or control, or how the data has been used or to whom it may have been disclosed, you may write in to RiverLife Community Services.
4.2 If you wish to correct any personal data in the Centre possession or control, you may write in by filling in a Correction Request Form (available at your request) and return the completed form to RiverLife Community Services.
- ACCURACY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
5.1 You should ensure that all personal data submitted to us is complete and accurate. Failure to do so may result in our inability to provide you with information or services you have requested.
5.2 The Centre shall make a reasonable effort to ensure that personal data collected by or on behalf of the Centre is accurate.
- DATA INTERMEDIARY TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
Relevant portions of your personal data may be kept by us or a third party (data intermediary) and they may be kept in Singapore or overseas (for purposes like centre programmes, drop ins, camps and retreats)
- PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
All personal data in the Centre possession or control are kept confidential and are protected by appropriate security arrangements and measures.
- DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Should you have a complaint or require more information, please contact the Centre at:
Riverlife Community Services
Blk 102 Rivervale Walk #01-54 Singapore 540102